We’re happy to announce the release of WisePorter 0.14, as a part of the WisePorter 2023.2 release train. In this latest version, we introduce you a number of enhancements to improve your experience with WisePorter. We’d like to highlight the real benefits you’ll enjoy using these new features.
Improved Attachment Management
As you know, WisePorter allows you to reference images or other types of attachments stored externally, as well as upload images, videos, etc. directly to the catalog. We have further enhanced working with attachments. Any file uploaded directly to the catalog can also have a reference to its external source, and you can download it in bulk from external storage to the internal WisePorter repository.
Imports and exports
- When importing data, WisePorter has the ability to determine if a record already exists and needs to be updated, or if it is entirely new and needs to be created. In the past, WisePorter relied solely on the item code to identify a record. However, we have extended this functionality to allow records to be created or updated using an alias (alternative code). This enhancement gives you the flexibility to import data using the identifiers of your choice. For example, if you use an Excel spreadsheet generated by internal systems that do not have an item code, you can use the internal system code as an alternative identifier during the import process.
- With the new release, you don’t need to specify the business version code when importing products, the default business version code will be used.
- We’ve added the Insert only operation to ensure that non-existing items are created during import, without modifying existing ones.
- We have improved the display of error messages within WisePorter to ensure that you always have a clear view of the problem you are experiencing.
- Previously you could see the export task in progress in JMF (long-running processes), now you can see the detailed progress of the export job.
Evolution of item lists
- The new version allows you to work more efficiently with filtered lists of items – when you leave and return to the item list, the filter criteria are retained so you don’t have to re-enter the filter.
- The new “non-empty value” condition returns records where specific attributes are not empty, saving time when filtering.
Enhanced User Experience
- You don’t have to jump back and forth between the enumeration definition and its values, in the new version we’ve added a direct link, making it easier to edit.
- Items in hierarchies are now sorted alphabetically within categories, making them more user-friendly.
- It is now easier to enter default values for data types directly in their details. For example, you can easily specify that the Country data type is filled with the value UK, and this value will be used wherever that data type is used.
Improved performance for faster operations
- We’ve significantly improved the ability to identify performance bottlenecks so that issues can be prioritised and addressed effectively.
- Enjoy faster data viewing and filtering as the calculation of search entities in Elastic is now highly optimised.
- Autocomplete now performs much better, predicting the rest of a word as you type faster than before and even with large amounts of data
Other Product Enhancements
- We have added the ability to filter the item type by its category. Now you can easily filter, for example, all enumeration items in one list and activate them in bulk.